My name is Kristy Shoebridge and I am a short track speed skater from Cambridge, Ontario. I was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and moved to Canada when I was five years old. I have been skating my whole life but never really thought i would reach the point I am at now! I am currently training at the Olympic Oval in Calgary, Alberta. I started my blog because these last few months have been a changing point in my life and I wanted to share it with everyone!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Surprise Visit!

The day after I got home from Junior Worlds in Taipei I decided I needed a trip home! So, I went on westjet and there just so happened to be a seat sale!! I booked a plane ticket home and decided not to say anything to my parents that I was coming. I kept it really quiet between everyone and they didn't find out.

On Thursday I left Calgary and got my friend Kaylas dad to come and pick me up! When I got home my mom and grandma were sitting around our dinning room table and my dad was in the kitchen, so I just walked in and said "Helloooo!!!" they all just kind of looked at me.. and didnt know what to say!! It took them a second to figure out who I was! I think it was the best surprise they have ever gotten!! Once they asked why I came home and what the heck I was doing at home we just talked about my last few weeks and spent some well needed family time together!

Since I have been home I have just been spending time with my family and today I went with to an ability competition in Toronto, it was good to be back in the environment of little kids just loving skating! It was a fun, but very long day! I saw some old coaches and talked to lots of people!

Tomorrow is my last day at home and then its back to Calgary to train again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment